Penn Mutual Life Insurance Company sponsors an Actuarial Development Program to provide an environment that encourages training, growth, and career development. Program members obtain valuable job experience while progressing through the formal examination system administered by the Society of Actuaries.
The goal of the program is to gain valuable experience in at least three different areas of practice, gain management experience, hone business and leadership skills, and ultimately attain the FSA designation. The Penn Mutual Actuarial Development Program develops future leaders and we are willing to invest in bright, talented individuals to help them achieve life’s possibilities.
- Competitive number of paid study hours for each exam sitting
- Exam registration fees, study materials and exam seminar reimbursement program
- Flexible study hours on-site or off-site
- Informal study and support groups
- Minimum pass requirement through ASA level
- Opportunity to give presentations to peers and receive feedback
- Additional training sessions available (such as Microsoft Excel or Access)
- And more!
After you complete the program, you will have:
- Earned the FSA designation
- Gained hands-on experience in management as well as pricing, valuation, modeling, mortality management and inforce product management
- Refined your business and leadership skills.
Education Requirements and Qualifications
Entrance into the program requires an undergraduate or graduate degree and the successful completion of at least one actuarial exam.
Ideal candidates should also possess:
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Leadership potential
- Natural curiosity and initiative
If you would like to be considered for the Actuarial Program, click here to apply.
This brochure provides more information on the Penn Mutual Development Program.
View Brochure »